Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I think it's really happening

We're actually moving! I mean, I realize I've known about this for a few months. But still! Of course now I'm heading into panic mode. And believe it or not, my panic is not necessarily regarding the packing portion of the move. It's all the stuff I'm normally quite good at that has me freaked. Because I haven't done anything about it. What am I normally good at? Setting up/cancelling utilities and changing addresses. All those great things that I can do instead of actually packing!

Justin has started his new job and is liking it so far. Today is only Day 3, so it could change....

The girls are at Grandma Sugar's house until we get moved. Thanks Barbara and Del!! I've been able to pack up their bedroom completely. Well, OK, not completely. But I'm getting there. I talked to the girls last night and they are having a blast. Lots of time on the boats, playing in the fort, swinging, bike riding, sewing, and just plain having fun. Audrey stepped on a nail under the fort, but she's doing fine now. Grandma got it all cleaned up. And since she's only 7 her tetanus shots are up to date!

Last Saturday night we went to the Tom Petty concert at The Gorge with Dan and Nancy. It was very fun! The best part of course was seeing D & N. Before we left for the concert we had a few people over for clams and crab. The best part was serving those two yummies to people who'd never had them before. At least not like this! It all went over fairly well I'd say.

I have no idea why I'm awake right now. You know me, I can usually sleep in quite well. (hey, maybe I actually have two things I do "quite well". I wonder if there are any others) Despite going to bed late last night I was wide awake at 7am. I really do need to train myself to get up earlier---especially with school starting soon.

I think I've procrastinated long enough. Time to shower so I can make my zillions of phone calls and pack some boxes. I may actually have this house packed up by the weekend. I've never accomplished that with any of our moves. I sure hope this is the last move.....ever!

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley

No comments: