Saturday, January 17, 2009

There are idiots out there

This has irked me for years. And for some reason it seems to be happening more and more lately. Please tell me, what is wrong with the following?

20$

Did you notice anything odd? Wrong? Completely and utterly STUPID???? No? Well then please smack yourself upside the head.

I'll tell you what's wrong... the dollar sign /$/ is on the wrong side of the number. It should be

$20

Yes, I know that when one says the phrase it is "twenty dollars" and not "dollars twenty", but isn't this a basic rule that is taught in elementary school?? So why do I see it written wrong as often as I do? Today I was shopping at Claire's with the girls and noticed the sale tags on some prominently displayed items had the dollar sign on the wrong side of the number. grrrrr.... I probably shouldn't have said anything, but I did. I probably shouldn't have made any purchases there, but I did anyway. I guess even idiots need to make money somehow.

Is this a change that's being made? Did I not get the memo??

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity? ~Steve Polyak

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about this one? (cents symbol).25? Really? You're selling something for one-quarter of a cent? Arrgh!