Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Aha. Figured out the "title" function

It's been bugging me that on my blog the title listing is the beginning of my entry and not an actual "title". I figured out how to fix it. Yay! Not a big deal of course, but I knew there had to be a way.....

OK, Tuesday. What's been happening?

Sunday was a lazy day. Ahhhhhh...... Takayo spent a lot of time in her room. She said she had some Japanese homework to do. She'd been so busy this past week that I figured the best thing for her would be to relax.

Monday. I picked up another student and took the girls to school. Only 5 minutes late....... Our neighbor Cassandra is running a Camp 4 Girls this week. Girls ages 3 to 8 can go and they have a theme each day, a craft, snack, and bible lesson. Emma and Audrey went yesterday after dropping the other girls off at school. They had a great time! It's from 9 to noon this week except for today when it will be in the afternoon. Too bad, since we are signed up to go roller skating with the exchange students. The girls are a little upset but also looking forward to skating.

Monday afternoon we went bowling with the Japanese students. I'm finally realizing that that may be the reason my stomach muscles hurt! I bowled with Emma and Audrey and we had bumpers!! No gutter balls!!!! I eventually won (with a 94) but Emma was ahead for the most of the game. Audrey did pretty well too, but got very very cranky near the end. Takayo was a couple lanes over and did super! She had quite a few strikes. We all had fun.

David is here for a couple of days. He met us at the bowling alley. I asked him to take the girls home and Takayo and I went to the grocery store. We were out of milk, cheese, and bread. Having Takayo here I need to have a lunch for her and breakfast so being out of those essentials wasn't good! Hmmm....three things and I spent $100. Guess I needed a bit more than that!

I think Takayo is feeling more comfortable here. We talked a bit more on the car ride home. She mentioned that she wants to go to the post office soon and her request was in very good English. She played outside with Emma and Audrey---badminton, jumping on the trampoline. Looks like everyone is having more fun now!

I should probably get in the shower. I'm trying to finish up a donation item. Last summer I donated some of my beaded handled serving pieces to a children's hospital auction. A few months ago they emailed me to see if I'd be willing to donate again. I said I would. The auction is this Saturday. And I'm not done yet. I decided to make a set of a butter knife and six tiny forks. They are turning out well, it's difficult tying off the ends. If only I could bead it and leave it. One of the forks I need to take apart and redo. I started it up too high on the neck and it definitely looks different. I'm thinking that I should take some time and just make a bunch of these things again. That way if anybody wants to buy one or have me donate I will be ready. That whole procrastinating thing doesn't work well in business. Golly, maybe that's why I don't have a job!

Success for me is having ten honeydew melons and eating only the top half of each one. Barbra Streisand

No comments: