Thursday, August 03, 2006

Is this week over yet?

Technically it is Thursday morning. And I should really be asleep. But I'm not, so let's discuss what has happened lately.

Tuesday. Emma, Audrey and I went roller skating with the exchange students. Fun! Emma is becoming a very good skater, and Audrey did far better than I expected her to. She is a full body skater! Legs and arms pumpin' like there's no tomorrow! Emma is suddenly a fluid skater. She has the whole "I'm not doing anything special, just skating....." look to her. I requested a song. Well, a band really. J Giles Band. I mean really, what person in their thirties can be at a skating rink and not have "Centerfold" running through their head? Can you believe that the person I talked to could not just quickly say, "oh yeah, here is their cd. which song do you want?". Instead he said, "ooo, I don't know if we have that....". Don't you think every skate rink should come equipped with "Centerfold"???? Don't worry. They had it. Complete with video!

Wednesday. Nothing too exciting. I finally finished the donation item for the auction this weekend. whew. Now to get it to the powers that be and I'll be done. At 4 pm I picked up Takayo and Ran and headed out of town. Dropped Ran off at her house and headed to a meeting at church in Anacortes. Next week is Vacation Bible School and I've said I'll help with it. I had great fun last year leading crafts and said I'd do it again this year. The guy in charge of it all, Brent, wound up being admitted to the hospital that day with chest pains. Yikes!!!! I haven't heard anything more so I hope all is going well for him and his family. The VBS training meeting was a bit weird since the guy in charge wasn't there. I'm confident it will all go as well as usual next week, but it still feels weird the week before.

Justin went sailing tonight with our friend Bill. This is his first time in a looong time and he really enjoyed it. After my VBS meeting the girls and I went to McDs and got some food to take to Seafarer's Memorial Park and watch the races. Who knows what boat Justin was on, but it was pleasant to watch. The three girls had fun on the beach. Audrey's shoes got wet, and she later fell and bruised her thigh. I was wandering around trying to take pictures, when suddenly something hard hit the back of my shoulder. And Takayo is running toward me apologizing. Uh-oh. Her attempt to throw a rock into the water didn't work as well as planned. It hit me instead. At least it wasn't my head!! I got a few good pictures. Still need to get them on the computer.

I have an irritation on my upper lip. (this is when the people who are only here for the exchange student stuff should stop reading, this is becoming "the life of Joy"). The woman who cut my hair last week also did some waxing. I knew she'd wax my eyebrows and chin, but slathering the wax on my upper lip was a surprise. And now I have a bump. grrrrr We'll see how it turns out.

One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach. One can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few. Anne Morrow Lindbergh

1 comment:

SaraJo said...

Not only should one not collect all the beautiful shells on the beach, one should not collect any of the beautiful shells. They stink if the deceased inhabitant has not vacated the premises! It sounds like Takayo is having a great time with the girls--of course, who wouldn't have fun with them.

Sara