Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Better hardly ever than never?

OK. I'm back again. Sorry it's been a while. I've actually kind of been busy! Well, OK, not really. Just haven't felt like taking the time to blog lately.

What's been happening? Had school conferences with both girls' teachers. They are doing very very well. No real surprises there. Although I was quite happy to hear a lot of good things about Audrey and her behavior at school. The way she fights her homework I was getting concerned about her working in school. When she throws a fit though, I do tend to ask her "is this how you act for Mrs. Moller?"

During conferences the PTA had a Scholastic Book Fair. It went very very very well!!!!! Each classroom teacher got to pick out $80 worth of books and the library gets around $1600 in books as well. Unfortunately I was just at the school and Scholastic has not picked up the books yet. The principal does not look thrilled to know they are still there cluttering up the hallway right by the front doors. oops

Just read another good book. Shoot the Moon by Billie Letts. She wrote Where the Heart Is, y'know, the Wal-Mart baby story that was made into a movie. She also wrote The Honk and Holler Opening Soon. I liked Shoot the Moon best out of the three. I really enjoyed it. It kind of made me think of Jodi Picoult's books a bit. And we all know how much I like her books!!

I'm on book two of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. (Yes Laura, I am reading them) When I was picking the first one up from the library I noticed another of her books on the hold shelf. Yay! It's the next book in the Barney series!! So I'm in the hold line for that one too.

Have you read the Bridget Jones books by Helen Fielding? Pretty funny, right? Well I just finished Cause Celeb yesterday. It's a great book, but make sure you're not expecting Bridget Jones bumbling humor. I checked out another book by her at the library yesterday.

I really need to branch out into more authors. Any suggestions? Or should I just start going through the random books on my shelf that I've found at thrift stores...

Guess what Friday is......yep, the opening of the movie Happy Feet!! Oh, yes, also my eldest child's 8th birthday. I'm taking her to see Happy Feet! The movie's website has some great previews/trailers for the movie. And you can also go to a live penguin cam from The Maryland Zoo. Happy Feet Movie

Justin is back from his trip to Alaska. They had a great time even though they didn't even see a deer let alone shoot the 4 each they could have. He had a week of relaxation and that's what is most important.

I'd better get a little work done. I'm due back at the school at 11:00 to publish books in Emma's class. It's fun. The student comes up with the story they have written and I type it. I got to see Emma's all done at her conference. I'd been the one to type it, so I knew the story, but her illustrations were new to me and absolutely hilarious!! Can't wait to be able to have it here at home.

"Of all the things I would like to do during my life, my greatest dream is to go to Antarctica and shake hands with a penguin!" - Larry Mester

1 comment:

SaraJo said...

We wondered if Happy Feet was going to be Emma's birthday treat when we saw the opening date on the trailer. Have fun!