Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wednesday is Snake Day

Last Wednesday Lucy caught a bull snake in our yard. And here it is, Wednesday again and there's another half-dead bull snake in our yard. Lucy certainly had fun whippin' that puppy around like a chew toy! Of course the poor thing (snake) isn't completely dead but I can't quite convince myself to throw it out of the yard. I can get within a couple feet of it (toes curled into my heels) but that's about it. Justin had better come soon!

I have bangs now. Most of you know I've been letting my hair grow. My last haircut was in the middle of November. My hair is about to my collar (if I wore shirts with collars) and curly. Weird, huh. I've been putting the front back with clips, but was getting tired of that and thought it looked too young with my grey temples. So now I'm trying bangs. What I really should do is just cut it all super short again!!!

We had a great Fourth of July weekend in Coeur d'Alene with Justin's dad, et al. Emma learned how to water ski! I have some video of it that I'll put on the blog later. And yes, also the video of Emma's piano trio.

The girls want to go swimming, so I'd better get out there. Luckily the snake is off in the grass and if I look toward the pool I may not see it very well. eek

I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy. ~W.C. Fields

No comments: