Sunday, June 22, 2008

Emma's Recital

Emma had her piano recital Friday evening. She did a great job!! All the students did well, but of course we're partial to Emma's performance. I convinced Justin that we needed a new camcorder so that I could email videos and upload them to my blog. This is my first try--I hope it works!

I know it's hard to hear her (but she was so much louder during the performance than she was at the rehearsal); her songs are Theme From Symphony No. 5 by Peter Tschaikowsky and Music Box Rock by Willard A. Palmer. My mom and Justin's dad were both able to attend. Yay! Emma's other guest was "Nanny" Kay from the library. She's the reason Emma spoke as "loudly" as she did. I'd told her how darn quiet Emma was and she threatened to shout "What did you say Little Girl?!?!" if Emma wasn't loud enough. Scared Emma enough that she made sure she was audible.

Justin and I (yes, even I) worked on the Mustang this weekend. Justin pulled out the engine while I was at a candle party. My "work" consisted of pulling off the bumper, trying (and failing) to remove a few bolts, and handing Justin tools. But I got dirty!! Not as dirty as Justin of course. Most of the exterior hardware is off in preparation for painting. The interior looks different! We removed the seats and carpet. Wow. This is all going to look great when it's done.

Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. ~Confucius

No comments: