Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I am so not a morning person!

Emma has now had three days of God and Me. She and Briauna are really enjoying it. Yesterday I had Briauna's sister Carissa with Audrey and I and we went to two parks in Anacortes. I think the girls had fun. When we got back home we all went to Dawnell's for lunch and the girls played in their pool. I ran some errands in the late afternoon and the girls didn't come home until just after 8 pm. They were beyond exhausted. They hardly touched their dinner and actually admitted to being tired! The good news is: they went right to sleep. The bad news is: they didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning. Not too bad except we have to leave here around 9 am to get to Anacortes on time! We made it though. Audrey went with Carissa's family to a movie and we swapped kids at the mall. Whew.

Yesterday I picked up the info on our exchange student. She says she's looking forward to shopping and making American friends. She's had four years of English, so hopefully we will have a workable language barrier. The girls are getting more and more excited. I guess Justin and I are too.

PTA
I think I might actually like this PTA Secretary thing. The one board member who made me more nervous than the others seemed less scary the other night. There's so much to do! I kind of volunteered myself for something awful----the Bay View PTA website. I guess someone got it up and running a few years ago, but nothing has been done to it since. Since this person is one of my neighbors, and I'd love to see the site actually updated and usable, I said I'd contact him and see if it was something I could learn to do. We'll see how it goes. I still haven't emailed him about it. Wonder what that says about my level of commitment to that?

The girls and I were out of the house waaaay too long today. I can't believe it's almost six o'clock! I'd better help Emma with her God and Me homework and feed the girlies. And straighten up. sigh Justin and Dan are crabbing tonight. Good thing Dan just bought a boat 'cause we're still hoping to sell ours! According to Justin it sounds like we have three or four people coming to see it between tomorrow and Friday. I sure hope we sell it! Sad to see it go, but the money will be nice to see.

When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross. -- Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry, 1971)

No comments: