Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Well, I guess it's about time I jumped into the blog pond. They say it's easy---we'll see about that.

Now, what should this blog be about? Is it a diary of what we've been up to? Is it somewhat incoherent ramblings? (who am I kidding---the incoherent ramblings will occur no matter what I write) Do I write whatever I want? Or do I let family and friends read this and need to censor myself? We'll see where it ends up......

Today is July 5 and Emma is going to the dentist. Poor kid inherited my closely spaced teeth and has to have two of her baby teeth filed in order to give a bit more room to the new ones coming in. She'll still need braces in the future, but this will help temporarily. Lots of shopping to do today too--some of it in preparation for the hawg roast this weekend. (I'm sure I'll have lots to write about after that is over!)

What I'm Reading

I'm rehooked on Nancy Drew! (thanks Sara) Right now I'm reading book 12 The Message in the Hollow Oak. What a hoot! It's so fun to read these books now as an adult. I highly recommend Confessions of a Teen Sleuth by Chelsea Cain. It's an autobioparodyography about the "real" Nancy Drew and the "real" Carolyn Keene. It's written in a very similar style to the original Nancy Drew books. By the way, Nancy's "titian hair" is "of a brownish orange color" according to Merriam Webster.

I just finished Carpe Demon by Julie Kenner. It's about a demon hunting stay at home mom. It was fun to read, and according to the author's website there is a sequel. Unfortunately, it looks as though my local library doesn't have any of Kenner's books. sigh

Still struggling through Under the Banner of Heaven. I'm just not a non-fiction girl!

I hear the laundry calling and need to get the girls ready for the day. Let's see if I come back to my little blog and continue to post. Wish me luck!

There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it. Mary Little

No comments: