Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Computer changes

I had a friend here this weekend helping me with the PTA website and he commented on how much he likes IE7. I knew I had upgraded to that, but with the way I sign in to the internet I use MSN Internet Explorer and not Microsoft Internet Explorer. Not that I actually knew there was a difference (and maybe there's not, I'm just clueless). So I'm trying this new Internet Explorer 7. Which means I have to add all my Favorites back (OK, there's probably some easier way to do it, but I don't know how). Since I was adding this one I figured it wouldn't hurt to update my blog.

I'm mad at Meg Cabot. I read Princess on the Brink this weekend (the latest in her Princess Diaries series----thanks for loaning it to me Cass). Mia turned into a character I don't like! I just wanted to slap her. And then she finally had a chance to redeem herself, but Meg just wouldn't let her. Oh no, mustn't make Joy happy!! And then Mia went back to being slappable. sheesh (Note to any high school English teachers who may be reading this blog---you caught me. I read Chick Lit and mindless fiction. Did you expect more of me? I thought not.)

I'm trying to stagger my book genres lately. I tend to get kind of heavy on the Chick Lit---and I get obsessed with series. If an author I'm starting to read has a series I just have to read them all! So of course I'm not too happy with the person (or persons) who have had numbers 3 and 9 in Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series out from the library for so long. They were due November 13, 2006. Come on!!

I need to see if my library has the newest Christopher Moore book You Suck: A Love Story. I just love his books. I am on a constant quest to find a copy of Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal at a thrift store. I found one on www.half.com but am still looking for the elusive cheap copy. Sorry Mr. Moore, but I rarely buy books new. My Momma taught me well.

I have a treadmill now. I told Justin I wanted one, but he figured I wouldn't use it. So we're borrowing a friend's to see if I follow through with my "oh yeah, I'm gonna exercise" thing. I tried walking on it while watching a DVD of Grey's Anatomy, but I had to turn the tv up really loud, and I didn't want to do that for too long since the girls had friends over and I needed to be able to hear them. Originally I figured I would borrow books on CD from the library and put them on my mp3 player. Then Justin said, "uh, the computer is just a few feet away, why don't you just listen to it through that" and I said, "oh. duh." But with the treadmill being a bit loudish it might work better to have something directly in my ears. If only I could find those headphones I dislike least of the ones I have.....

Emma and her friend Gracie will be auditioning for the school talent show tomorrow. They are going to do a baton routine. I am a horrible teacher. But they are doing pretty well despite that! I ordered another baton from ebay the other day. It won't be here in time for the try-outs, but it had better be here for the actual talent show. Emma will be using my old baton. Everybody say: awwwwwwww.

Guess that's about it. I should get moving so I can start my project for the day: putting the clothes that are too small for the girls in storage and getting out the stored clothes that (hopefully) will fit. Not a quick and easy process, but it needs to get done. And soon! I'm tired of seeing my kids' bellies poking out through too small clothes---y'know, the clothes that fit last week.

Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Uh-oh, that does not bode well for me.....

No comments: