Friday, January 26, 2007

Twirling

Emma and her friend Gracie were in the school Talent Show today. They did a little baton routine. I can't technically say that they "twirled baton" because they did more of a march-in-place/strut but they still did a darn fine baton routine.

Where are the pictures you ask???? Well, since the staff in charge of the show did not notify the students beforehand when they would be on stage we were not ready. Ergo I did not get my videocamera/digital camera ready. Just by chance when Emma and Gracie were called up they had their batons. Because Kristi got them out of Gracie's classroom!!! I'd never experienced this before so I just assumed (and yes, I know that makes me an ass---thanks) the kids who would be performing would be told to start getting ready. But no, it starts with "So-and-so will now do such-and-such". Uh......do you want to let everyone else know that they should eat quickly (this was during lunch) and get themselves ready. Oh, I guess not. Until Joy bitches about it that is.....

OK, I really need to stop now. Hmmm...just started reading a book today. "Mumbo Gumbo" I'm not too far into it though so maybe it would make sense to read "A Dirty Job" instead. Too bad the library didn't have "You Suck" in yet. Somehow that sound appropriate tonight. In short---I think it would be best to shut down the computer and read in bed. Any bets on my mood when I wake up in the morning? I thought not.

I know well what I am fleeing from but not what I am in search of. ~Michel de Montaigne

(the quote above would be more appropriate if I truly knew from what I am fleeing)

No comments: