Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Do I need a focus??

I read a blog today that's just about one person's opinions on wine. I've seen blogs that focus on just one topic: a tv show, a celebrity, an item......do I need to focus on something? Or am I just some middle of the road thing. Yeah, middle of the road. I'll take that.

I just finished watching Grey's Anatomy. I really like that show! However, I started watching it late. I have the first season DVDs on hold at the library though. Eventually I will get caught up! Tonight's episode was the end of last season (I've seen clips from it for weeks now!! I'm glad I finally got to see it) and I cried. How many tears can I shed in one day??? (wow, how dramatic is that????? when you call my girls "drama queens" you will know where it comes from now, won't you?) Emma, Audrey, and I went to see the movie Barnyard today. I read reviews of it on www.epinions.com the other day so I knew some of the plot. I chose not to mention some of it to the girls since I figured Audrey would decide it would be too scary and not want to go. So we went to the movie and we (and by we I probably mean I) shed a tear or two. Not a bad movie. And then there was Grey's Anatomy. More tears! My goodness. I really should get a life!

Did I mention that I need to lose weight? Fall is here and my jeans don't fit. I have a feeling, however, that popcorn from a movie theater is not terribly points friendly per Weight Watchers. I figured that all I'd eaten before was an egg cooked in salsa and I ate nothing after that (drinking, however, is another story) so my points are still somewhat within range. We'll see how this goes. Remember, if I get back to my goal I can get my tattoo redone!

So writing that made me feel like I should have another window open showing my blog while I write on this one. I know I've mentioned the "weight loss equals re-do tattoo" thing before. So has everything else I've written been mentioned before too?

"Lord I was born a ramblin' (wo)man...."

Did I tell you the horrible horrible news from last night??????? I had a meeting to attend and figured I'd be back around 8:00 at the absolute earliest. So I set the VCR to tape Dancing With the Stars on the tv upstairs. That meant that House would be unwatched until I arrived home and got the girls to bed (damn priorities). I tired to set the VCR downstairs. I really did!! It's a crap DVD/VCR player. We've known it for a while, but this really solidified my opinion. House did not get taped. A week without Robert Sean Leonard????? Good thing I have Dead Poet's Society and Much Ado About Nothing on tape.

As of 4:00 today the Burlington-Edison School District bond had not passed. Feck. Any bets placed on whether or not this will pass will go directly to the B-E School District to offset the next school bond. That's fair, right? Send in your money now!



I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. ~Orson Wells

1 comment:

KnittinPreacher said...

Don't cry too much about House -- Sean was only in it for a minute or so. It went about like this "Nope, he doesn't have cancer....nope it's not a fungus." And before the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy will be the recap show so you can get all caught up! I may be spending too much time with my DVR...

Julie