Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Hydrogen Peroxide. Yum!

I have canker sores under my tongue. Owie. Ouchie. It's hard to talk, eat, and drink. I know I need to lose weight, but is this really the right way?? I finally went online to find out if there's anything I could do about them. (Other than put alum on them. That hurts so much!) (Oh wait. These canker sores do too.) I read that pretty much anybody can get these sores, but it's higher in women in the teens and early twenties. Nope, not me. Some ways to help the pain include: taking acetaminophen or ibuprofen (just did it), swishing the mouth with equal parts milk of magnesia and Benadryl, swishing the mouth with diluted hydrogen peroxide (just did it). The pain is a little less right now, but I've also not been talking for the past 1/2 hour or so.

Boy, what a whiner!! Yup, that's me!

Emma had her first day of school today. Justin picked her up after school. Poor girl was exhausted. She practically stumbled into the house. I haven't had much chance to talk to her about it yet. I'll get some info out of her later and report back tomorrow.

Audrey met her teacher today too. Justin and I took her to her classroom so we could fill out some paperwork and look at the classroom. Two kindergarten classes will share this room. One meets Tuesday, Thursday and every other Friday and the other is Monday, Wednesday every other Friday. It will be interesting to see how it works in the one classroom. I still haven't looked at the schedule to see what Audrey's Fridays are. I'll do that later and get them on the calendar.

Emma and Audrey have friends over. I'd better go downstairs and keep an eye on things.

You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax - tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough. ~Pearl Williams

No comments: