Friday, September 15, 2006

I think it's Autumn

I'm chilled and I've turned the heat on in the house. I think that means autumn is here. Yay!!! My favorite season and home to my favorite holiday---Halloween. I suppose it's too early to start decorating for Halloween, huh.

I have sick kids at home today. Both of them have colds. Blech. Emma had a high temperature last night. Today she's coughing and blowing her nose like crazy. Ah, but she's still well enough to yell at her sister. Maybe I should intervene.....

I just wrote a long email to our family, so don't really have much to say that hasn't already been said. And badly at that. Let's see, here's a recap: sick kids, Audrey rode the bus, I went to Curriculum Night last night, our anniversary tomorrow....

I found a reason to watch the news today. My friend was making salads last night to take to her mother's rehearsal dinner. She finally finished and sat down to watch the news. She found out that some spinach had been recalled due to e coli. Guess what she'd made. Yep, a big ol' spinach salad! What luck! It would be so easy to have just gone to bed instead of watching the news and here she got some important information. Weird how that happens. Kind of like when I bought a copy of Good Housekeeping magazine and in the recalls section found info on a slow cooker being recalled. Hmmmm.....the handles break, my sister-in-law's slow cooker broke that way! Sure enough, I gave Sara the info and she got a new slow cooker. OK, so maybe Nancy's brush with e coli poisoning is more impressive, but it's my blog dammit!

Mmmmm....lunch time. We should have eggs. Our chickens are laying pretty consistently! And some of the eggs are gigantahuge!!! The carton doesn't even close. We've had some eggs break in transit, so I bought a cheap basket for the girls to use when they gather the eggs. No more baseball gloves or Barbie jeeps. We also have some eggs that are broken in the coop. Some just cracked slightly, and others will holes poked in them. It's fun having the chickens. But does anybody want a rooster?? The girls have renamed him Dinner.

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

1 comment:

SaraJo said...

Hey, I feel like a celebrity--mentioned both in your blog and your e-mail. Let me bask in the glory for a few minutes...