Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sorry, I know it's been a while

Not really too much to say, but I thought I should update this anyway.

Sara and Amelia were here last weekend. We had a good time. I didn't have anything "planned" while they were here (sound familiar?). They arrived Saturday afternoon and left Monday morning. Amelia is just waaaay too cute. Holy cow!

Sunday afternoon was the annual neighborhood party at Paul & Erin's. Great people and yummy food. Have I mentioned before how wonderful this neighborhood is??

I finished a terrific book. The Ship of Brides by JoJo Moyes. It's about 600 Australia war brides traveling to England at the end of WWII. They are traveling on an aircraft carrier---alongside it's entire (male) crew. The story focuses on four women who are roommates on the trip. Each one is unique and has very different experiences on board. I highly recommend it!

I need to get my PTA act together. We put out another newsletter today and our first general meeting is next Tuesday. Yikes. I need to put together my binder so I'm ready for everything. Hopefully I can be totally different from normal and get stuff typed and filed right away. We'll see how it goes......

Audrey will have school on Friday this week. It will be her first Friday so far. She's looking forward to it. That evening is Bingo Night at school. I think the girls and I will try to go. Tomorrow (Thursday) I will help in Emma's class.

Have you been watching Dancing With the Stars? We tape it and then watch it when we can. For last week, that meant we didn't watch it until yesterday. The girls only saw half and I watched the rest late last night. Somehow the results show tape didn't work last week. But I did accidentally turn the TV on right at the very very end so I know who lost. Hopefully it will tape properly tonight. I haven't watched it yet, but it looks like last night's tape worked. Whew.

My back is hurting, so I think that's all I'll do for now. I need to go through the girls' playroom and reorganize stuff now anyway. There's a kids only garage sale through Burlington Parks & Rec in early November. I told the girls they should have a table for it. We shopped at the one last spring, but this time we'll try and sell stuff. Get rid of a bunch of toys, puzzles, movies, that big stupid phone from the magazine sales fundraiser last year..... The usual.

No comments: