Sunday, September 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary!!

Yup. Twelve years ago today I donned my Gone With the Wind wedding dress and said I DO! Last night we celebrated with dinner at Tendrils. It's located near The Gorge Amphitheater at Cave B Winery. Beautiful location! Getting to the restaurant, we kept wondering if we were going in the right direction.....afraid we'd wind up in some Restricted/Winemakers Only area. But eventually we wound our way to the parking lot and enjoyed the easy walk past the Chef's Garden and grape vines to the Inn and restaurant. I'd called for reservations and we took the 5:30 option--the next one was at 7:30 and I figured with how many hours Justin has been working, and having been sick this week it would be best to go earlier. The dining room was empty when we arrived, but when we left it was full and kind of noisy. Justin's dinner was amazing!! He did the right thing in taking our server's advice and having the pork. We'd both been trying to decide between the pork and the lamb, so I ordered the lamb. It was very good, but after tasting the pork I just couldn't get excited about it. And yes, of course we enjoyed a bottle of Sagecliffe Cabernet. Yum!

So obviously, if we were able to go out alone we must have found someone to watch the kids! Finally!! I asked at the school office if anyone knew of babysitters. Lucky for us, the principal lives in our neighborhood and has a babysitting age daughter. Yahoo!!! The girls really enjoyed her too.

I updated my book list. It's kind of heavy on the Chick Lit right now, which I enjoy immensely of course, but still need to mix it up a bit. I really liked Paging Aphrodite by Kim Green. She's a great writer! Strong characters and I want sequels to both Paging Aphrodite and Is That a Moose in Your Pocket. I also just read Queen of Babble in the Big City. I really think Meg Cabot just needs to sit down and write more Queen of Babble books and forget about everything else!! C'mon Meg!! Get writing! I need more Lizzie!!!!!

The girls are still enjoying school. Tomorrow I'll help out in Audrey's class for the first time. I was supposed to go in last Monday, but I was sick....and so was Emma. I'm looking forward to helping out and meeting the kids. We'll see what I have to say at the end of the morning.....

It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~Rita Rudner

No comments: