Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Just another day

It's just another day in the life of Joy. Not much going on, but since I updated my book list, I thought I'd post. Something......

Yesterday I helped out in Audrey's class for a while. I was with a group and one boy asked if I was someone's mom. I told him that yes, I'm Audrey's mom. A girl sitting beside him said "No wonder you're so bossy." Huh. Not sure about that connection. Is Audrey bossy? Or was this just an easy way to let it out that she thought I was bossy. And I am! Oh yeah!! I was telling the kids they needed to (are you ready?) do their work. So now if Audrey comes home and says she wants "K" to come over I'll know to direct her to another friend instead.

I've really been enjoying this school and the people who work there, but the lack of communication is a little frustrating. I noticed a sign on the door yesterday about choir auditions, but didn't take in the particulars figuring the girls would bring something home about it. I mentioned it to the girls last night and they said, "yeah, it's tomorrow". I try to avoid being a pest (I know, I fail miserably at that), but do I need to drop by the school every day and look for flyers? What has really shocked me is that there has been nothing from the PTO. By now you'd think they'd be pushing membership at the very least. Emma of course still prefers Bay View. When I said I'd found something I didn't like about the school she said "Just now? I've found 50 things wrong with it. Maybe we should move." I reminded her that she absolutely loves her teacher.

The weather is starting to change here. But it's still blue skies and t-shirt weather. It's been starting a bit overcast, but getting nice. Yesterday I was surprised that it was under 70* and I was still comfortable in pants and a t-shirt. Fall is my favorite season, so I'm looking forward to it. And I can't wait to get out my Halloween decorations!! I know, I have a little more time to wait on that one. But I do have my Halloween craft books and magazines out......too bad there isn't a craft store in town.

I'll have my first volunteer shift at the library on Friday. I'd better practice my alphabet.

Happily we bask in this warm September sun,Which illuminates all creatures...~ Henry David Thoreau

No comments: