Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm not dancing any longer

OK, this is pretty big news.....I have made the decision to not watch Dancing With the Stars this season. I know, I know, this is crazy talk! But I had been enjoying not watching much TV, so I figured I would abstain from the one program about which I was obsessed. Of course that doesn't mean I'm not going to watch any TV. But at least this should help a bit. But don't tell the girls! I don't think they even know the show has started again. They were just as into it as I was!

Last week in my blog I mentioned that I felt there was a lack of communication with the school. Guess what came home in the girls' folders that day! Yup, the info packet and membership form for PTO and the newsletter from the principal. Also, Emma's teacher sent home a letter. So of course I signed up for PTO. They only have two meetings a year. We'll see what I get called upon to help with.

Emma had her first Girl Scout meeting yesterday. And Audrey's is tomorrow. Both girls are excited to be Brownies! And I guess I'm excited to have them doing it. I just have a feeling I'll get sucked into volunteering more than I'd like. I may have to draw the line at any camping though!! As long as the girls are happy, right?

Bad news for Emma!! Today she was supposed to be able to take out her earrings. So last night I took them out so we could see how they were doing and she could try putting earrings in. One ear is a little infected. So we'll keep them in another week or so and take them out every other day to make sure the ears are really getting cleaned well. She was really upset.

Last weekend we went to Spangle for my nephew's dedication. Gus is such a cute kid! Hmmm....I should have gotten an all-cousins picture. Emma, Audrey, Andrew, Amelia, and Gus. I suppose I could have gotten Kara's belly full of Madelyn in there too! It was fun hanging out with Wes and Sara (well, with Sara anyway---you know how Wes is!) and seeing some family. Didn't see Laura at all (she was working), and only got to see my Mom at the church, but Kara and Andrew, my dad, and grandma all came to the house for brunch following the service. The pastor even pronounced Gus' name correctly!

I went walking again today. I did one fewer cul-de-sac than last time. My back is a bit sore and I just wanted to come home and stretch. My new mp3 player arrived on Monday so I tried it out today. It's such a cute little thing! A lime green Creative Zen Stone. I listened to the first hour (of ten) of Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. I charged my player when I got back--I hope that doesn't mess with where I paused it! I found I walked much slower while listening to a book rather than music.

Justin's dad is coming today, so I should work a bit more on getting the house ready. And maybe myself too. I also need to get more information on where to take my car to get fixed. Like I even know what a transfer case is!! Luckily other people do, so I've been making some calls. You know, when I'm not shopping online for a new car......

Each day, the American housewife turns toward television as toward a lover. She feels guilty about it, and well she might, for he's covered with warts and is only after her money. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

No comments: